Sunday, 6 October 2013

Life goes on


The clock continued to tick.

Seconds
became
minutes
became
hours
became
new
days.

The days continued to pass.
 
Light
became
dark
became
light
became
dark
again.

The Seasons continued to change.

Rain
poured
leaves
fell
sun
warmed
new
growth.
 
How could this be?

When
 I
remained
as
before
yet
you
were

gone.  As the world turned.
 
And
shall
continue
to
turn
and
turn
and

it is hard to believe

that
we
were
we
and
now
I
am
 
me.  With heavy heart

still
beating
on
and
on
inside
my
chest.

The world turns.
 
And
shall
continue
to
turn
and
turn
and

I too, will continue.
 
__________________________________________

This is my offering for this week's 100 Word Challenge for grown ups #Week107.  Hop on over to Julia's blog to find out more about the 100WC and to read more of this weeks entries.

2 comments:

  1. The way you have written this is like time's ebb and flow. Very nicely done, and ultimately hopeful despite the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Forest Bird :) I really enjoyed playing around with the words.

      Delete