Monday, 2 April 2012

Anniversary

It is exactly one year to the day that The Husband and I got married. 

One year since we spoke out loud the vows we had written, declaring our promises to each other in front all those we hold dear.

So, how have we fared? Have we been true to those promises?  I think we've done ok y'know.  More than ok.  We've done good.  We've done really good.  Especially when you take into account the amount of change we've encountered this year.

 We became a family of four with the arrival of The (beautiful) Baby and The promotion of The (brilliant) Eight Year Old to 'Big Brother'. The Husband volunteered to take redundancy at work so that he could retrain as a Radiographer and began his radiography degree last September.  I've been enjoying a year of maternity leave (a couple of months still to go).  I turned 40 (I may have mentioned this before)!!!!  And we have continued with the ongoing house improvements.

All of this could have resulted in a very stressful year but it really hasn't been.  Don't get me wrong, we have certainly had our moments, but overall we've come out smiling. 

Thinking back, I have wonderful memories of our wedding day.  A year ago today we were mostly...

Declaring our love:



Drinking cocktails:



Eating a delicious cream tea:


Taking some time for ourselves:





Having a 'secret' first dance:






Enjoying time with our family and friends:

The flag came courtesy of one of The Husband's two best men. 
It was a mock-up royal wedding flag with our faces attached!

 Dancing the night away:




Having fun with sparklers and sky lanterns:




As cliched as it sounds, it truly was one of the beet days of my life. 

And now. hear is a warning - look away now people if you don't want to hear me being mushy, I'm allowed to be mushy today but I promise that my more sceptical, mildly sarcastic self will return tomorrow :)


Message to The Husband : 

Happy Anniversary my gorgeousness.  Thank you for making the good days even better and for making the bad days feel ok.  The past year has been packed full of loveliness and fun and a little bit of chaos and ridiculousness :).   I am already looking forward to our next year together.   I love you with all my heart and feel so lucky and happy to have you in my life.  Life is good.  

Jx


All wedding photos by Mark Hills.

8 comments:

  1. I love this about blogging, it's a great way to express yourself and record your precious memories too.

    Congratulations, hope you have a lovely evening.

    BW,
    Lesley x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley! We had a great evening. I agree that the blog is great for keeping memories. Jx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for a wonderful day 12 months ago and the amazing year that followed it. All our adventures have been incredible but this past year has been the biggest and best adventure of them all. I love you with all my heart and look forward to many more years together. All my love, always, your incredibly lucky husband.

    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Lovely pictures! Love your dress as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It was tricky on deciding what sort of dress to wear as I was five and a half months pregnant with The Baby and I didn't want to wear the expected empire-line maternity dress. I loved wearing this 1920's style. Jx

    ReplyDelete