Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Feeling the love?

Love it or loathe it, celebrate it or not, Valentine's Day will be upon us next week.  My inner core tells me that it's simply a marketing rip off and that it's a complete waste of money.  After all, who would be so shallow as to celebrate their love simply because someone made it 'celebrate love day'? 

Image borrowed from Graphics Hunt
Well, as it turns out I am that shallow person.  As I've discovered in the past.  If I don't recive so much as a card then I tend to retreat into an unloved sulk.  Thankfully, The Husband tends to be very romantic...and I'm sure if he's listeing he will be quietly acknowledging that just because we are married now and that we seem to do nothing but celebrate different anniversaries in the first few months of each year, that is no excuse for a lovely husband to overlook Valentine's Day. Now that we've got that clear, let's move on.

If you're looking for Valentine gift inspiration take a look at my latest 'Window Shopping' expedition.  Ideas for the boys and the girls to suit any budget.  As much as I like to acknowledge the occasion, I'm not one for parting with my cash for Valentines Day, much nicer I think to have something cheap and cheerful or better still, a homemade card, and if you're lucky a gift, made with love by the hands of your beloved. 

Hmm...I suppose I better get cracking on some crafting ideas then....if I manage to pull anything together - sorry, I mean lovingly craft something beautiful - then I'll let you know and share the ideas on 'Crafty bits' later in the week.

And for those of you who would rather tell Cupid where to shove his bow, then good luck to you. Just don't go shooting yourself in the foot.

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what crafty ideas you come up with! BTW you've been tagged. if you'd like to join in then please read my post at http://housewivesincorporated.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html cheers, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first tag! :) I'm looking forward to joining in!

      Delete
  2. And they say romance is dead...

    http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/889286-asda-launches-bargain-valentines-day-smart-price-card-costing-just-7p

    This is almost as bad as sending your future fiancee an anniversary card that says "Happy Anniversary to you both...!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice :)

      Now then Robery, who would do a thing like that I wonder...?

      Delete
    2. A hopeless (not hopelessly) romantic eee-diot!

      Delete