Wednesday, 15 February 2012

The day I interviewed the Eight Year Old...about me.

Welcome to week 3 of the link up at Typecast for the CLIC Sargent Do Something Yummy awareness raising campaign.    For more information about CLIC Sargent, click here.




This weeks theme is "Getting Together".  Nickie at Typecast has provided the following three promts for us to choose from:-
  1. Personal post. When was the last time you got together with a group of friends? Tell us about it.
  2. Yummy post. Yummy Mummy week is all about getting together with other parents to raise money for CLIC Sargent. Tell us why getting together with other parents is important to you.
  3. Creative post. Tell us how you are surviving the half term holidays! Or get the kids involved. Interview them using these questions.
I was tempted by number 1 as back in November I wrote about my 40th birthday weeked shared with my closest friends.  And then I thought "no, that would be a bit of a cop out and people can already read about that here".

And so instead, I've gone with number 3 - I've interviewed The Eight Year old using the questions provided (in the link above).  This is how we got on...

Interview with Joe, aged eight

1. What is something mum always says to you?
“Door”
It's true.  I can often be overheard remining The Eight Year Old that the door to the living room needs to be kept shut to keep the heat in and the draughts out!

 2. What makes mum happy?
"Hugs"
I can't argue with that!  :)

3. What makes mum sad?
"When I get angry"
Yes, this does make me sad, usually combined with any of the following:- exasperated, confused, irritated, frustrated.

4. How does your mum make you laugh?
"I laughs when she laughs"
...and then that makes me laugh more and sometimes we go on like that until we can't remember how it started and The Husband begins to think he has lost his mind!!

5. What was your mum like as a child?
"Friendly and liked to play boys games"
I was very much a tom-boy.  I'd think to think I was friendly but I know I was very shy which probably got in the way a lot of the time.

6. How old is your mum?
"40"
Correct.  See this.  And this.

7. How tall is your mum?
"Taller than me"
Yes I am but realistically I don't think this will be for too much longer.  The Eight Year Old is among the tallest in his class and seems to be growing at an alarming rate!

8. What is her favourite thing to do?
"Painting and baking"
I do very much like to do both of these things  - even given that by painting, The Eight Year Old means decorating.

9. What does your mum do when you're not around?
"Looks after my baby brother"
Correct, amongst other things!

10. If your mum becomes famous, what will it be for?
"Baking on tv"
Chance would be a fine thing!  Although I'm not sure the world is quite ready for that just yet!!

11. What is your mum really good at?
"Drawing and painting butterflies and baking"
Anyone see a theme developing here?

12. What is your mum not very good at?
"She's not very good at playing Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC) on the wii"
This is very true, most of the time I have very little idea what is going on or what I am doing. When playing POTC on the wii that is and not in life generally - despite how things may appear.

13. What does your mum do for her job?
"Works in an office at a computer with students"
Rumour has it that there is some truth in this. I am currently on maternity leave and in denial.

14. What is your mum's favourite food?
"Roast chicken and chips and homemade gravy"
I do love this meal.  Is it my favourite food?  I'm not so sure.

15. What makes you proud of your mum?
"She’s kind"
I'd like to think so. It makes me very happy to hear my son say these words :)

16. If your mum were a cartoon character, which one would she be?
"Batman"
That, I cannot deny.  All will be revealed in a future post.

17. What do you and your mum do together?
"Cooking and baking"
For proof, see this.

18. How are you and your mum the same?
"We can both roll our tongues"

19. How are you and your mum different?
"I do jokes"
And I don't 'cos I can never remember them.

20. How do you know your mum loves you?
"Because she gives me hugs"
I like this :)
_________________________________

We have been asked this week to tag another blogger to try to spread the word a little further.  So if you’re willing to join in Missing Sleep, then I am passing the baton over to you - if you don't have time this week then there is always week 4 next week...the prompt will be out on Monday over at Typecast. 
______________________________________________________

To find out more, or to read other posts, please click here.

12 comments:

  1. :) He's so very wise that 8 year old of yours. Spot on I reckon! R x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly has his moments! Jx

      Delete
  2. http://reallymissingsleep.blogspot.com/2012/02/twenty-questions-with-eldest.html thank you for the tag here is mine :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for doing this! I like the response to your question 15 :) Jx

      Delete
  3. Cute answers! I can't wait til my daughter is old enough to do things like this with, it would be so interesting to hear her answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wondered what he would come up with...overall, I think I came out well. He is a lovely lovely boy. And I will remind myself of that next time he is angry and I am sad!

      Your blog is lovely, I'll be stopping by again. Jx

      Delete
  4. Great answers!! And who doesn't like roast chicken, chips and homemade gravy... god I'm hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that you're hosting this linky for a really good cause. And it's guided me to discover your blog too, bonus! Jx

      Delete
  5. Aww what a sweetie! It's amazing what children absorb and how they see the world, it fascinates me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely is't it...I have to admit though, my hart was in my mouth when I was waiting for some of the answers! Jx

      Delete
  6. What lovely answers - and hugs are the best !

    ReplyDelete
  7. He knows you pretty well doesn't he! Thanks so much for supporting #dosomethingyummy

    ReplyDelete