Thursday, 16 February 2012

A bloggers dozen

Call me naïve if you will but I was happy to be tagged (my first time!) by Housewives Incorporated to join in this meme which, for reasons that are not explained, seems to be  hung up on the number 12. 

I’m told that these are the rules - try not to be put off by the use of the word 'fun':

1) You must post the rules
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4) Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog
5) Let them know you tagged them

So, here we go!

12 (fun?) facts about me:-
  1. My initials spell JAM.
  2. I smoked a cigarette once with Rick Mayall whilst standing in a back alley in Nottingham.
  3. I am ALWAYS Batman and never Robin.
  4. When I am pregnant I look like a snake that has swallowed a really big football.
  5. I once played Malcolm in a production of  McBeth – to a small and select audience.
  6. Drinking Caipirinhas whilst on a carousel in Paris is be my idea of heaven.
  7. I like to feel the sand between my toes and the sound of the sea in my ears – preferably at the same time. On a beach. Obviously.
  8. Some years ago I almost knocked a man unconscious whilst lavishly dancing with my best friend to Ricky Martins ‘Livin la vida loca’ in a gay bar in Manchester. 
  9. During that same weekend trip to Manchester I also nearly ‘counter-dived’ in a takeaway to obtain pizza - so desperate was I for carbohydrates following a week long detox.  I wouldn't dream of detoxing these days...I no longer have the energy for counter-diving. 
  10. I very much like vintage (ok, old) china and own more teacups and teasets than could be considered normal
  11. Many years ago, a drunken accident, that began with me bending to stroke a cat and ended with me hitting the floor face down, left me looking like a cross between Elvis and Hitler – think huge swollen lip and unfortunately placed moustache shaped open wound.  Attractive.  When I read this out to The Husband, his only comment  was this "a blog post that mentions Hitler, interesting".
  12. I would like Moloko’s “The time is now “ to be played at my funeral.
My answers to the 12 questions set by Housewives Inorporated

 1. How many places outside the country you were born in have you visited? Feel free to name them if the list is short enough.
In no particular order... Wales, Scotland, Ireland (Dublin), France (Paris and the South), Italy,(Venice, Florence, Lucca, The rolling hills of Tuscany), Germany (Munich), Austria (Salzburg),  Hungary (Budapest), USA (Seattle and Oregon), the Greek Islands, Spain (Madrid,  Valencia), The Balearic Islands, The Canary Islands, Portugal, Tunisia.


 2. Do you own a currently valid passport?
No. Thank you for the reminder – my passport ran out a couple of months ago and I am yet to renew it.

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? And are you doing that now?
I wanted to be Batman. And yes I am now Batman, but sshhh... don’t tell anyone!   An alternative option was a desire to be a contemporary dancer and choreographer.  I now dance often in my head.

4. What (or where) would your dream holiday be?
A deserted Watergate Bay in Cornwall with the weather of the Caribbean.  If you’ve ever been to Watergate Bay and explored beyond the crowded bit (why do all of the people want to sit in the same bit???) then you will know what I mean.

5. If you could invite ANYONE at all to a dinner party at your home, who would be top of the guest list and why?
Stephen Fry who I believe him to be an intellectual comedy genius.  And he may bring Hugh Laurie along too.

6. If you could invite someone from history to the said dinner party, who would that be, and why?
Coco Chanel.  To see if she was as oulandishly individual and single minded as the film of her life portrayed her to be.  I reckon we'd have a giggle with Stephen and Hugh.

7. What would be on the menu at the said dinner party?
Queen scallops in garlic and white wine, Thai green curry , Crème brule. To be washed down with a gallon of Chablis.  I'm usually a Rioja kind of girl but wih this menu I'll make an exception. 

8. If you could change the World, where would you start? What would you do?
I would share out all of the food equally amongst all of the people.

9. When your cupboards are running bare, and you lack inspiration, what is your standby thing to make for dinner?
Potato waffles.  Yes, shameful.

10. How would you define happiness?
As a state of ‘being lost in the moment' with any of my favourite people - I include my own company in this. Egotistical?  Possibly. 

11. If you could give your house/home a name, what would it be and why? (If your house already has a name, what is it and did you choose it?)
The Batcave.  See question 3.

12. What do you hope to accomplish through your blogging?
To write honest, thoughtful pieces well, and to remind me that I currently have a life that extends beyond The Eight Year Old and The Baby.

______________________________________
My 12 new questions
  1. What is your earliest memory?
  2. Which 3 songs would provide the soundtrack to your life?
  3. What is your favourite word?
  4. Who would play you in a film of your life?
  5. Tell me – in one sentence if you please - your best bit of parenting advice.
  6. Please recommend a book.
  7. What makes you laugh -  in a proper real belly-laughing sort of way?
  8. What five words would your friends would use to describe you?
  9. What’s your guilty TV pleasure?
  10. What is (in your opinion) the best blog post you have written (please provide a link)?
  11. What is your most embarrassing moment?
  12. Name a blog  (other than your own) that we all need in our lives.
Below are the 12 fellow bloggers I am tagging – these are parenting-blog-bods whose blogs I admire and who I would like to know a little better - who I am asking to answer my new questions above:-
  1. bluebirdsunshine
  2. Actually Mummy
  3. Diary of the Dad
  4. imcountingufoz
  5. Kate Takes 5
  6. Pheasants,frogs and banana bread
  7. AMummyToo
  8. Mummy Whisperer
  9. SAHDANDPROUD
  10. Maris World
  11. (Just) Above Average Mummy
  12. Mammasaurus
Message to the chosen 'tagees':  If you are in a meme-sniffy kinda mood and don't want to play then "boo".  If you're joininig in this hefty meme then thank you and"hurrah"!  Please leave a comment with a link to your post so I can have a read of your answers.

8 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post and your answers, Ju. Thank you so much for playing along :-)
    Your questions are brilliant too, I think I'm going to have to work through them for myself because they are really tough and thought-provoking. I look forward to seeing who plays along! Vanessa, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I enjoyed playing along, turns out this tagging malarkey is good fun! You'll have to let me see your answers to my questions! Jx

      Delete
  2. 1. What is your earliest memory?
    Being knocked down by a push bike - it hurt …………..a lot! I cried…………a lot!
    2. Which 3 songs would provide the soundtrack to your life?
    These are more songs that provide a soundtrack to my social life………. which to be fair has been a fair chunk of it and choosing just 3 for this purpose alone is pretty mean but here goes:
    Stone Roses I Wanna Be Adored, The Smiths This Charming Man, Any Oasis Song but probably Rok n Rol star or Supersonic ah that’s four erm Supersonic give me gin an tonic
    3. What is your favourite word?
    Tozzin' and yes it’s a word cos my Dad said so!
    4. Who would play you in a film of your life?
    That'd be me! It would finally give me some much needed closure after my fledging acting career was cut down in its prime after I missed the final Year 6 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs performance in which I was a lesser known (but no less vital to the running of a slick production) Undertaker character complete with me Dad's Stanley tape measure.
    5. Tell me – in one sentence if you please - your best bit of parenting advice.
    "You'd better ask your mother first" - Should be a fathers first instinct when asked for a decision to be made. My dad has stuck with this principle for fear of getting it wrong for nigh on 30 years and only when he strays from this principle does he find himself in troubled waters…….
    6. Please recommend a book.
    The curious incident of the dog in the night-time I've not read it but I've been told I should so maybe someone else can read it for me! I'm slightly ashamed to say I only tend to read music and sport related autobiographies…!
    7. What makes you laugh - in a proper real belly-laughing sort of way?
    Have to say reminiscing with my friends is one of my favourite pastimes, my brother's expressions speak a thousand words and he always make me laugh as all children just do. Also both my Nan's are a constant source of humorous tales/ridiculous sayings (they inspired my only blog - little nans big day out) and not to be egotistical at all but I like to laugh at myself as if I'm laughing then at least I'm happy! That and pretending to be one part of an old woman duo with my friend will, think Les Dawson.
    8. What five words would your friends would use to describe you?
    You’d have to ask them but only if they're nice words!
    9. What’s your guilty TV pleasure?
    Gotta be the X Factor
    10. What is (in your opinion) the best blog post you have written (please provide a link)?
    Little Nans Big Day Out….it also might be the only blog I've ever written!
    11. What is your most embarrassing moment?
    Attending Uni for the first day with the clear remnants of a broken nose and two halfs of my eye brows having been shaven off was definitely up there. I'm sure there's been many more that I've tried to forget!
    12. Name a blog (other than your own) that we all need in our lives.
    Ju's Musings on Life is the best blog ever and I've read Noel Gallagher's tales from the middle of nowhere (I know this blogee/bloggerer is not a fan but I clearly am - see question 2) and Ju's muses are better, which for me is the highest praise I can bestow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing along Robery, my 'charming man'! And can I commend you on a most excellent answer to question number 12 :0 Tozzin! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only speak the honest truth which can be one of my 5 words to Question 8 I'll let you come up with the other 4.......

    You have as always a license to be brutally honest ......but flattering and nicely honest works too ;)!

    R x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to SAHDANDPROUD for getting the tagging party started...

    http://sahdandproud.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/the-ironman-of-memes/

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Twattyknobchops" - favourite word of the fabulous @notsoslummy. Find out more:- http://justaboveaveragemum.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A woman after my own heart over at bluebirdsushine

    http://bluebirdsunshine.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/a-difficult-dozen/

    ReplyDelete