Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Around the world in 80 words #2

 Continuing with our tour of Italy...


 Venice.  It didn't disappoint. Canals, Gondolas, architectural-elegance, widespread-beauty. We hadn't anticipated the hailstorm. An alfresco lunch took a dramatic turn as the breeze gathered pace. Waiters quickly removed table clothes and stacked furniture as they urged us into the tiny indoor bar space. Doors were hurriedly bolted shut.  Hailstones the size of golf balls pelted the windows. The square became flooded. Minutes later, blistering sunshine returned and the ground was bone dry. We stumbled, dazed, back onto the Venetian streets.

Me and one of The Friends - the one I call 'Fool', it's ok, he
calls me 'Fool' too - on the Rialto Bridge on the Grand Canal. 
I was pregnant with The Eight Year Old at the time.


Now head on over to the fantabulous SAHDANDPROUD for more travel fun.


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I am not sure I could ever pack so much into the 80 word challenge! :) Thanks for joining us over at Loveallblogs Travel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was taken on a tour of Venice by the cousin of my girlfriend at the time. It would've been fascinating had she spoken any English and I spoken any Italian.
    Thanks for taking part. Lovely photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete