Thursday, 29 December 2011

Ju's Chrismas Carol - part three

Christmas future - December 2046

I awake to the sound of the waves crashing against the sea wall.  I snuggle down under the duvet before wondering where The Husband is.  And then I hear the familiar clink of cups…The Husband is on his way up the stairs of our cottage with two mugs of tea – a morning ritual that I have come to rely on over the years.  I am reminded of how lucky I am to have The Husband in my life.  

It is Christmas Eve and me and The Husband are looking forward to the Thirty Five Year Old and the Forty two Year Old arriving home later with their families.  This year we will all spend Christmas Day together, a rare treat these days.   We are very lucky though, since we have moved to live by the sea we have become increasingly popular for weekend visits, especially with The Grandchildren .  

I think back to when our boys were children - the sheer joy shining from their faces on Christmas morning.  Over the years we have all had our fair share of ups and downs. But I carry with me so many memories of happy times spent together that it is impossible to ever feel down for too long. 

Whatever the future holds, I am grateful for a full life that has been, and continues to be, well lived.

1 comment: