Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Achoo!

The Husband, The Seven Year Old, The Baby and me all either have, or are just getting over, a nasty cold.  It’s rubbish when we’re all ill at the same time as there’s no-one really feeling generous or energetic enough to dole out the sympathy, at least not in the quantities it is desired.

I’m pretty sure I’m the worse with this.  I tend to follow the example set by The Parents – the female half more specifically – who won’t even consider sympathy for illness or injury until it’s been established that you’ve done all you can to help yourself. This self help would mean the taking of, or use of, the appropriate medication.  Of course this could only ever be one of four Female Parent approved medications:- paracetamol, TCP liquid, Covonia cough medicine and Germolene antiseptic ointment.  Once, as a child, I was sent to primary school with a cold so severe that a teacher suggested to me that I may want to consider taking the rest of the week off.  It was Monday. 

So, here we are.  Coughing and spluttering, shuffling around with our red noses in a sea of tissues.  Roll on the weekend

2 comments: